Wow, 2016 was a CRAZY year.
I barely know where to begin but I'll start with the best part. This was the year I finally went full-time into wedding photography and it was the BEST decision I ever made. Being able to pour 100% of myself into something that I love has given me a joy that I didn't even know was possible. My experience so far has also been so encouraging. I had the most amazing clients this year which have turned into friends and am so incredibly grateful they chose me to photograph their special day.
Besides photography though, this was also the first full year of marriage for Ben and I. We moved into our first place together, bought our first car together and even went on our first couple's camping trip with my brother and sister-in-law. Ben also got in a terrible work accident, causing us all heart attacks. Miraculously, he made a fast recovery and then we were able to go on our honeymoon to Spain & Portugal together! Overall, we are loving marriage and are finally feeling more at home in Spokane and really enjoying the area.
Here are some more of my 2016 highlights:
- Not only did I travel to new places with Ben & friends, some of my weddings were also in awesome places. I photographed 3 Seattle side weddings, one in Ellensburg, one along the Columbia River and even one in Hawaii!
- I was able to attend a special friend's wedding this year (as a guest!) in Muskoka, Ontario. I don't even remember the last time I was a guest and it was awesome. I definitely teared up.
- I was also able to see some long-distance friends (some more than once!) and it was so needed for my soul.
- I turned 25 this year and my whole family pitched in for me to go skydiving! It's been on my bucket list for a while and it was amazing.
- Ben and I were asked to model for the amazing Alysha Christine this summer and we had so much fun (I mean, who doesn't like to dress up and hold a beautiful bouquet of flowers?!)! Alysha is an incredible photographer and she is the sweetest person you'll ever meet. Check her out here (she's moving to Washington this summer!).
- In June, I went to Leavenworth, WA for Benj Haisch's Cascade workshop and it was SO WORTH IT. I learned so much wisdom and so many great tips for running my business and stretching myself in my skills. I also made tons of friends and loved hanging out with all the people who came.
I can not wait to see what 2017 has in store and to take you all along on the journey. During the off-season, I've been working on some really fun stuff to take my business to the next level and I am so excited! Stay tuned and for now, check out some of my favorite photos from 2016-weddings and personal.
Cheers to the New Year!